Download the Announce of the congress:
We are pleased to welcome experts from Asia and from Europe joining this Satellite
Symposium of the Menarini Foundation in the context of the 26th Scientific Meeting
of the International Society of Hypertension in Seoul, to discuss four areas of
hypertension research in which important advances have been made recently or
which are still widely debated.
1. New cardiovascular risk factors. The role of blood pressure variability as a risk
factor has been recently underlined, but its relative importance versus mean blood
pressure values over time is debated. Likewise, uric acid is emerging as a novel risk
factor for cardiovascular disease.
2. Detection of asymptomatic organ damage in hypertension. There is mounting
evidence that detection of asymptomatic organ damage is an important approach
to staging of cardiovascular risk, and refining prognosis in hypertension. During
the symposium particular attention will be given to microcirculation changes in the
retina and kidney.
3. The elderly hypertensive. Hypertension in the elderly is known to markedly increase
cardiovascular risk, particularly for cerebrovascular damage and cognitive decline,
but treatment goals are still debated.
4. Blood pressure goal of treatment. This is not only debated in the elderly. Two recent
trials, one just completed the other still underway, will be the topic of discussion.
We are sure presentations and their discussions will contribute to the advance of
management of hypertension.
Prof. Alberto Zanchetti
- Chairman Prof. Cheol-Ho Kim